Thursday 6 October 2011

I DARE you...

Dares. I like to do dares. I'm good at dares. I like them; they hide what a coward I am. A chance to prove myself. 
There was that instance when someone who I might call a friend was tired of me teasing her about fancying a guy (and I'm so sorry now; I realize what it feels like) and threatening to tell him about the crush. Then she said "Go on then, tell him. I dare you. But you never will." I had been issued a challenge, and so I checked that she was going to watch, and went outside to tell him. News spread like wildfire soon afterwards. I came towards the 'friend' and said "There, I did it."
"Did what?" Said she.
"Told him."
"You did WHAT?!"
"Told Alex you fancied him."
"Why-y?!" 
"You dared me to."
And then there was that earlier dare, when someone told me to eat a bug. I was doubtful, not because I was chickening out, but I thought she'd tell everyone how gross I was. But a dare was a dare, and a bug I ate. Rumor spread, and some people think I eat invertebrates regularly. 


Those dares were easy. 
However, anyone who read the thing about horoscopes will know that I dared myself to say "HELLO" to the guy I fancy. And today, I fufilled my dare. Sure, he was looking the other way and didn't even hear me, but I won!
Mcdogface disagrees though, darn.
Worse, he's given me a new dare.
Double darn.
Apparently I have to have a CONVERSATION with the guy I fancy. CONVERSATION. It's taken me two weeks to say hello behind his back. This is gonna be hard.
The consequence? This is a good ol' Truth or Dare. Yes, I have to tell him the truth about who fancies him, which will completely go against the rules of my private information agreement (on various chat websites, Facebook and such, I hear peoples problems and secrets because people randomly trust me. afterall, as a social outcast, who will I tell? So far I've been tight lipped about all given info).
So, daring I shall go.


And now, for some random crap. 
Dark Dragon

No comments: