Saturday 6 August 2011

Suckerpunch, Devon, and Scary Scary Attempt at being a Poet.

Oh hello there, how are you?
I've been watching DVDs all holiday. I'm borrowing a Mighty Boosh DVD from a friend, (a video of their live tour. It was so cool.) and yesterday my shiny shiny Suckerpunch DVD came in the post. I didn't see it in the cinema, but I looked like a really awesome film. The mood of it was somewhere between Pan's Labyrinth and Black Swan, only more awesome than Black Swan because you have to watch Black Swan a few times to get it to make sense. 
The film is pretty grim at the start, and gets grimmer and grimmer, and there are several points where you get this horrible "Oh god no..." feeling at the beginning, the two greatest shockers would be when the main character (Called 'Babydoll for reasons we'll get to in a minute) is but in a dentist chair to have her memories removed the old fashioned way(That means Lobotomy folks, not the nice clean Men In Black magic memory flash gadget. Lobotomy) , and then the bit where Rocket shows her to the room where they deal with the clients.
Turns out the asylum wasn't an asylum but something much, much worse. And then she has a dance lesson. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "Girl power shizz, this is all going to be about dancing and believing in yourself", well it aint. Before she dances, she closes her eyes and is taken to an awesome place with giant Samurai dudes and no physics, and shiny explosions. When she gets out of the fantasy she is told that she just did an awesome dance. 
So she and her friends then go on a mission to escape, partly in this world, partly in the cooler, Cyborg Nazi infested, physics breaking, awesome place.
Watch the film. You'll like it.
Oh yeah, and Mcdogface has wandered off down South. To Devon, the place where my Grandad lives, and according to the 'Zookie's Notepad' blog, so does Chris d'Lacy, author of the Last Dragon Chronicles (The Fire Within books. Have dragon eyes on the front cover) 
Hope Mcdogface has a nice holiday in the sunnier places of the UK.


And now for my second attempt at poetry on the blog (I am so sorry)
"I am the voice in your mind,
you fear me as a madness,
an ailment of some kind.
I am the shadow that looks like a spider,
she's not really there,
made by the Blu tack beside her.
I am the nightmare you never woke from,
Yet you've accepted you're fate,
the terror seems now gone,
I am the thing you don't fear,
until I'm out of your brain,
rolling into the world like a shed tear.
You don't know me?
Never had that feeling?
Nothing to show me?
Dude, I'm worse than terror,
I'm what's waiting
for your fatal error,
Death and I are close friends,
we both have a way of finding ends,
Still can't put description to name?
Like another pitiful human,
Brain full of logic, how mundane,
Well, I better stop this riddling lark,
after one final clue;
I WILL MAKE YOU FEAR THE DARK!" 



Pretty cool eh?
From 
Dark Dragon

No comments: