Saturday 17 December 2011

All I want for Hogswatch...

It's snowy outside. I hate snow. Cold and wet. BAH.
Anyhow, this is a clip from The Hogfather, a film based on a most excellent book by Terry Pratchett. The Hogfather is a jolly fat man who rides through the sky on a sleigh pulled by flying boars and delivers presents to all the kiddies on the Disc on the night before Hogswatch.
In the book the Hogfather has gone, so Death has to fill his place. His granddaughter then has to go and save the world before everyone runs out of belief and the Sun fails to rise.
So, here is Susan explaining to her Granddad, Death, about the meaning of Hogswatch:
Right, has anyone heard that annoying song "All I want for Christmas is you-oo-oo-oo" ?
Well yesterday was the last day of school.
We got to leave early, but the buses wouldn't arrive early as well, so Mcdogface, my brother and myself waited in the foyer for a minute.
Before the Xmas holidays. Everyone was saying goodbye to eachother.
The guy I fancy was hugging people and saying "Merry Christmas." Hugging people and smiling, and my brain gave up on me. I followed my friend and my brother like a dead vegetable, probably with a derp face.
Dear god, I'm turning into a moron. the guy I fancy is just another human being afterall, nothing is different between him and the next guy in line. All identical. Was defines him as 'hot'? God knows. My brain is suffering from severe malfunctions.
But when I got home, after watching all four hours of The Hogfather whilst giving my favourite snake in all the world a cuddle, I went on Facebook.
I was exchanging small talk to several people, and then a photo was posted on the News Feed (for those of you with a life: if someone says something on facebook it pops up on the home page as part of an endless list). It was him. Smiling. With a thumbs up.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I scrolled down. 
What the hell is wrong with me? A PICTURE gives me fatal fuzzies! I feel so STUPID.


...and my nightmares are bad this time of year.


So, more Hogfather, yes? This is why we should believe:




Dark Dragon

No comments: