Sunday 5 February 2012

Education, Cats and Snow

Greeting readers of The Random Post, the Dark Dragon is making a post.
This post will educate you.
Watch the Tetris related video below, and the song will explain Soviet Russia in a simple way:



I am the man who arranges the blocks...
Anyhow, what has Dark Dragon been up to?
Yesterday I decided to see if I could paint watercolours, and the answer is "Yes, I can. Well done me!" and then I went to play a game that Mcdogface lent me (If you are wandering, Mcdogface's computer is toasted, and the keyboard sparks every now and then, so he is unable to go on the internet to Blog.) (Not joking about the sparking keyboard) and it was the amazing game Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
Now, I'm sorry to say that I haven't actually played much of the other games by myself, I'm often watching my brother, and stealing the controller everytime he leaves the room. Luckily, I get the gist of it.
You play as some dude with a vacant expression and jeans who is put into a Matrix-type machine to live the lives of his ancestors, both of whom were infamous assassins. The games are based on historical fact, but do have some silly things in them.
For instance, you can find Wanted posters half way up brick walls. And you get to collect feathers to remember a dead brother. 0_o
Well anyhow, I put the disk in the Xbox and was exited. Finally, I'd be able to play an Assassin's Creed game, and not just any one, REVELATIONS!
Then there was a meow at the door. I opened it, and Sam came in, making 'pruup' noises. I sat down on the sofa and returned to the opening of the game. Sam decided that trying to rub my face with his head at this point would be helpful. I shuffled down the sofa away from him, so he got on the back on the sofa, rubbed against the back of my head, sat on the armrest and tried to get on my knee.
So I  switched seats, taking the armchair in the corner.
The cat followed.
Now, you might be thinking, "Why not pet the cat?". I'll tell you why.
Sam, in all his ginger one-eyedness, likes people. He will sit on a person, rub his face all over yours, even try to see what's in your mouth when you speak, wave his bum in the air, and he usually kneeds his claws into your leg. He is not an Assassin's Creed cat.
After the cat managed to get the message that I DID NOT WANT TO CUDDLE HIM he buzzed off to meow at someone else.
Back to the game.
The game crashed.
It took me half an hour to play through the small 'surreal coast with giant inexplainable cuboids of concrete' part because of the cat. But the cutscene that begins all of the 'YOU ARE AN ASSASSIN FROM THE PAST BOO YEAH' stuff wouldn't play. After turning the Xbox off and on a few times I took a look at the disk. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
This is Mcdogface's game. Belonging to Mcdogface. It looked like an ant's ice-skating rink. Trembling, I put the disk carefully back in the machine.
Next time when the cutscene came to town, I skipped it.
Yes! The game still worked, only I had no idea what was going on.
Or why I was following a ghost around epic rooftops, copying the ninja moves to did to ascend huge towers. I finally realised that I could be scared of heights in a game.
I followed that ghost, even what it grabbed hold of a strange thing and SWUNG AROUND A CORNER A BILLION FEET UP IN THE AIR. And then there was the parachute, oh joy. Actually, the parachute wasn't that bad, just working out if the game was joking about jumping off a really high ledge was... scary.
Anyhow, I had to follow some Templar dudes who got on a cart and rode away.
"Awww" I thought. "Failed my first mission."
But nope, the agile main character leapt forward and grabbed a hold of a rope trailing behind the cart. Is he mad?! I then spent some time being dragged behind the cart regretting everything. There is a difference between a Daredevil and a completely and awesomely insane assassin.
Anyhow, looked around on youtube to find the missing cutscene which the game crashed at:
Now I'm going to panic about the cold snow outside. Gawd, I hate snow.


Dark Dragon

No comments: