Monday 13 August 2012

Lets face it, it's not about Batman.

Let us take a moment here to pity me.
I am going to the dentists tomorrow.
Now take a moment to envy me.
For i have seen Batman: The Dark Night Rises, or more accurately Bane: The Dark Night Rises. Let us rename the films thus:
Batman Begins
The Joker: The Dark Knight
Bane: The Dark Knight Rises
Why? Lets face it, the last two films have very interesting and awesome antagonists. Actually, I don't like the Joker. He's on the wrong side of creepy. Sorry Joker fans, but he is just mad at times. Clever at other times, but that long monologue punctuated by 'why so serious?' every few seconds was just weird.  
I like Bane though. Mostly because of his accent. What the hell is it? My knowledge of accents goes as far as Geordie and Scottish. But he has a cool voice. "What a lovely lovely voice." (I just quoted him) (although at the time he was talking about a choirboy).
But he is a very interesting antagonist. Mmmmmmm, I dunno why but at times I found him slightly attractive. Not really... hah hah. No. I totally didn't. He is completely awesome though. Really, you think he's the kind of guy I'd go for? Mmmmm unknown accent and tragic backstory.
Good film. I recommend it. Not much in the way of plot, or action, or much. Good antagonist though.
BACON.

Dark Dragon

No comments: